U of Mosaic is Requesting Digital Learning Platform Proposals2020/06/30
Request for Proposals: Digital Learning Platform Consultant, UofMosaic Fellowship Program
Position Type: Contract
Contract Start Date: Negotiable, pending proposal
Contract End Date: Negotiable, pending proposal.
Deliverables must be completed by end of August 2020.
Compensation: $8000 CAD
Application Deadline: July 12th, 2020
Goals and Objectives
Digital Learning Consultant would provide technical expertise in designing and developing the innovative and high-quality Digital Learning Platform for the UofMosaic Fellowship Program.
The goal of this project is to develop a digital learning platform that will allow to:
- Upload content (PPTs, PDFs, Videos) and organize it into e-learning modules;Create quizzes based on modules;
- Create profiles and give the users limited access to the platform;
- Assign modules and establish deadlines by which they need to be completed;
- Ability to track a learner’s progress.
- Access and edit profile;
- Access modules and quizzes;
- Ability to participate in a forum and download content.
Project Scope and Deliverables
This is a contract position with flexible and remote work hours.
Please provide a cost proposal to accomplish the Scope, Deliverables and Timeline as outlined. The budget must encompass the design and implementation necessary for all research and consultation required to develop the digital platform.
The total budget for the work must not exceed $8000, including all professional fees, out-of-pocket expenses, and GST/HST.
- Develop a user-friendly and innovative digital platform;
- Apply interaction design and interactive learning principles;
- Contribute learning design expertise to all phases of development by using user-centred design research, and varying delivery formats and technologies to achieve learning for target audiences;
- Develop and provide user training to the Mosaic team;
- Achieve deliverables on-time, addressing any potential challenges;
- Proactively research and propose innovative design ideas, taking into account data analysis and new trends to improve the user experience online and/or the performance of our platforms;
- Upload and configure learning content provided by Mosaic into a learning management system;
- Provide metrics summarizing effectiveness and make recommendations for enhancements;
- Create detailed project plan outlining the activities, time estimates, and resources required to develop and implement projects (inclusive of potential constraints and a plan to mitigate).
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field or equivalent work experience;
- Professional experience in instructional design or digital learning design;
- Fluency with digital learning development tools and software;
- Strong computer literacy, including word processing software, spreadsheet functions, database use and Internet search capabilities;
- Strong innovation, creativity and design thinking skills;
- A proactive and forward-thinking approach to work;
- Flexible, adaptable and open to receiving feedback;
- Able to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision; and
- An extremely reliable individual who is prompt and organized.
Applicants may apply individually or as a team. Team applicants are to submit only one proposal and state the names of all individuals in the team. Résumés for each team member must be attached to the proposal.
The successful applicant(s) must be able to work (read, write, consult stakeholders) fluently in English.
Proposal Requirements and Bidding Process
Interested candidates are asked to submit a proposal providing information on the following: 1. Proposed work plan and approach including an outline of timelines and associated milestones; 2. Team members (identify project lead and attach separate résumés for each team member); 3. Information about the organization through which the prospective consultant(s) would work (if applicable); 4. A brief description of relevant experience, including samples of work completed; and 5. Invoicing and payment schedule.
The proposal will be assessed in the following areas: 1. Knowledge and expertise 2. Professional experience 3. Proposal ideas/ approach
Please submit all proposals no later than July 12th, 2020 to: Olga Osmushina, Program Coordinator - email@example.com
Please reference “RFP” in the Subject line.
Your proposal and all supplementary documents should be accessible by URL or in PDF format, and the file should be named as follows: FIRST NAME_LAST NAME_RFP
While we appreciate all expressions of interest for this position, we are unable to respond to any telephone or email inquiries concerning the position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Mosaic Institute reserves the right not to accept the lowest or any bid proposal submitted through this process. All information gathered and reports produced during this project are the sole property of The Mosaic Institute and may not be used by the contractor for any other purpose unless prior written permission is granted by The Mosaic Institute. There will be no payments made to the consultants for the preparation and submission of proposals in response to this request.
The Mosaic Institute is committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity, pluralism and inclusion. We encourage all qualified individuals who identify as women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, racialized persons/visible minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity (LGBTT2SQ* persons) to apply. Mosaic is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request an accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.