The Mosaic Institute is committed to dismantling prejudice. The world, and Canadian society, is bearing witness to the escalation of intolerance, bigotry, and hatred. We are also in the midst of one of the most severe global migration crises the world has ever witnessed. The time for dismantling our prejudices is now. We need to learn to not only live with, but to value and cherish, all of our differences. The Mosaic Institute believes that dismantling prejudice happens one person at a time. That is why we are dedicated to addressing the issue through the Human-to-Human approach.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Thanks to Canada Summer Jobs, we are delighted to offer two 8-week summer positions for an undergraduate or graduate student during the summer of 2018:
- June 6th– August 1st
- July 4th – August 29th
Applicants must be:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of this summer student position;
- Registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to be registered as a full-time student in the coming academic year;
- Be a Canadian citizen, a Permanent Resident, or a person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2; and
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
We are interested in a person who is passionate about social change, interested in working with an eclectic team of smart, fast and committed individuals, and who wants to be challenged everyday.
More precisely, The Mosaic Institute needs a comprehensive, integrated marketing plan. A plan that leverages all media channels, is efficient and effective with a small marketing budget, and an approach that is distinctive, different and will get noticed.
We are interested in doing things differently as we know that the same old, same old will not create real social change. If you are curious, inventive and want to create something spectacular, let us know.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Developing an integrated marketing plan that will showcase the full range of work in a cohesive, convincing manner;
- Assisting The Mosaic Institute with its communications and social media presence; and
- Assisting staff with administrative and operational duties.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Social media smart;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Creative thinker with attention to detail;
- Effective in a busy, team-based environment; and
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
SUPERVISION: This position is supervised by the Director of Operations and will work in close collaboration with the Executive Director and the Mosaic Institute Team
LOCATION: The Mosaic Institute, 2 Bloor Street W, Suite 3405, Toronto, ON
DURATION: June 6th – August 1st, 2018 for 30 hours/week x 8 weeks OR
July 4th – August 29th, 2018 for 30 hours/week x 8 weeks.
NEXT STEPS: If you are interesting in applying for this placement, please send us your CV and a cover letter detailing how you are committed to making the world a place where we cherish and respect all our differences, by May 21st, 2018. And if you are really creative, send us a piece about yourself in a new and different way. Please specify which of the two eight-week periods you are applying for.
All application materials can be sent to Akshay Sharma at: firstname.lastname@example.org